A breast biopsy provides a sample of tissue that doctors use to identify and diagnose abnormalities in the cells that make up breast lumps, other unusual breast changes, or suspicious or concerning findings on a mammogram or ultrasound. The lab report from the breast biopsy can help determine whether you need additional surgery or other treatment.
Why it’s done
Your doctor may recommend a breast biopsy if:
• You or your doctor feels a lump or thickening in your breast, and your doctor suspects breast cancer
• Your mammogram shows a suspicious area in your breast
• An ultrasound scan reveals a suspicious finding
• Your breast MRI reveals a suspicious finding
• You have unusual nipple or areolar changes, including crusting, scaling, dimpling skin or a bloody discharge
The Women’s Imaging Center uses highest rated digital mammography systems made by Hologic Dimensions and Selenia.
We offer breast biopsy procedures and imaging services in Denver (Cherry Creek), Lakewood, Littleton and Westminster.
Call 303-321-CARE (2273) to schedule an appointment or make an on-line appointment request.
The Women’s Imaging Center is committed to providing individualized, innovative, state-of-the-art healthcare to women.
Visit us on Facebook.